Elder Curtis Sudbury

Elder Curtis Sudbury

Monday, November 29, 2010

Well, another week in México playing the role of Élder Doctor.
 
Élder Wayman has flat feet, a fact he didn't want to tell me at first.  We're getting him some orthopedic inserts (the cheaper kind) and that should solve basically all the problems with his feet, knees, and hips.  To arrange everything and to check to make sure I had gotten rid of all my Bronchitis, we went to the doctor or to a medical clinic three times this week.  Needless to say we didn't have a ton of time to do work this week.  Nonetheless, God is blessing us on both sides.  We found a new investigator this week that seems like she'll progress very rapidly.  I'm excited.  We only have one visit planned this week to the doctor, so we should have much more time :).
 
Élder Wayman and I are getting along well, though our personalities are quite different.  He makes up super-heroes, makes balloon animals, and is constantly thinking in the world of comics and movies.  It provides for interesting conversations.  I've realized, the more companions I've had that I'm more comfortable with people that share my deeply held feelings for Christ and our Father.  I just naturally am more attracted to them.  A lot of times that hasn't made me very popular.  I've always been able to hold a good conversation if I felt I needed to, but as for close relationships, the very few I've had have been founded on mutually helping each other toward following gospel principles.  I haven't come out of life so far with very many really close friends, but I value deeply the ones I have.  I wouldn't trade them for anything.  A bit of a random insight.  Élder Wayman and I are getting along because, although his world is a little centered on other things, I can see and feel the testimony of Truth that he has. :)  We're getting there :).
 
We took some time to make a thanksgiving dinner with some members and an investigator.  I think it went well.  I made brown sugar carrots, mashed potatoes, and gravy and Élder Wayman made homemade rolls.  It turned out well.  We ate a chicken instead of a turkey, but it all was well. :)
 
I just got news this week about Élder Bryant.  He's going to have the corrective surgery this Friday.  Apparently a missionary has to get approval from the first presidency to have a surgery.  I had no idea :P  He got approval and the surgery is scheduled.  All is well.
 
That's about all.  We're waiting and hoping that Thursday, when we get the orthopedic inserts, will be a good and big change for Élder Wayman.
 
In completely unrelated news, the Utes, I hear, beat BYU 17-16.  Go Utes!!! ;)
 
This week is brought to you by my favorite sacrament hymns: Reverently and Meekly Now
 
Rev'rently and meekly now,
Let thy head most humbly bow.
Think of me, thou ransomed one;
Think what I for thee have done.
With my blood that dripped like rain,
Sweat in agony of pain,
With my body on the tree
I have ransomed even thee.
 
In this bread now blest for thee,
Emblem of my body see;
In this water or this wine,
Emblem of my blood divine.
Oh, remember what was done
That the sinner might be won.
On the cross of Calvary
I have suffered death for thee.
 
Bid thine heart all strife to cease;
With they brethren be at peace.
Oh, forgive as thou wouldst be
E'en forgiven now by me.
In the solemn faith of prayer
Cast upon me all thy care,
And my Spirit's grace shall be
Like a fountain unto thee.
 
At the throne I intercede;
For thee ever do I plead.
I have loved thee as thy friend,
With a love that cannot end.
Be obedient, I implore,
Prayerful, watchful evermore
And be constant unto me,
That thy Savior I may be.
 
I know my Savior is ever pleading for me.  I know that this is His church designed by Him to help us follow divine laws that allow us to progress.  I know that, in Love, He guides and directs us.  I know that He died for me.  I know that my Savior and Redeemer lives.  I know that no matter what we do He will never stop loving us and wanting us to progress.  I know that my God loves me.  I know that God will watch over me and protect me and, as President Hinckley so often said, "Things will work out."  I know that, if we put ourselves in God's hands, things will work out.  I know because they always have for me.  In difficulty and heartache or peace and joy, He has always guided my path along the path that leads to happiness, love, and eternal life.  I know it with all my heart.  I have seen it, and I cannot deny it.
 
All my Love,
Élder Sudbury
 
PS Dad, the 192 page notebook is the one :).  Mom, I hope all is well with you.  I love you dearly :).  Melanie, Tim, Zoë, and Ryan, enjoy MA's birthday :).  Eat something spicy in my memory at the Mayan ;).  SalleeAnn, Matt, Hannah, Sammy, and Thing 1 (for lack of a name and gender), you must let me know the state of Zion ;).  Noella, doesn't your time clerking end soon?  What are your plans?  JuleeAnn and Chris, I'm glad to hear Chris is healing well. ;)  I love you all dearly!

No comments:

Post a Comment