Elder Curtis Sudbury

Elder Curtis Sudbury

Saturday, February 5, 2011

Curtis' letter January 29, 2011

Hello World,

Well, I am absolutely exhausted.  The first week of the transfer in the offices is officially the craziest thing I've ever dealt with.  We are now the only two secretaries and I'm being trained until tomorrow morning.  I haven't had a ton of sleep for trying to catch up on all the things that I need to learn.  After this week things should calm down a bit. 

My new assignment, for the majority of the time, will occupy the first half of the work day and then we leave to work in our area the second half.  We haven't had much time to do that this week with me learning, taking missionaries back and forth from the airport, taking materials in the mission van, and everything else we have to do.  I hope we have a good week this week that is coming.  I actually really like it, though.  I get to be put in contact more often with President and the assistants.  All will go well. 

Some missionaries left this change.  We got to go to that dinner and help Hermana Chávez to clean up.  We heard some of what President told the missionaries that were leaving.  It was a really spiritual evening and I really enjoyed it (and the food). :)

We got a new missionary yesterday.  He hung out in the Utah Ogden Mission while he waited for his visa as well.  His zone leader was Élder Banda, my companion.  It was good to hear a little news from that mission.

That's all the news I really have.  It's been a strange, very busy week.  Mexico city streets are completely crazy and I have to drive up and down them.  I've already gotten super lost twice :P.  That's my biggest news.  God's hand is over me, though.  Even after getting lost in México sometimes I'll get the impression to turn down some street I've never even seen before and it just happens to be exactly the street we need to get home.  God is watching over us.  :)

This week's email is brought to you by the number 3 ;).  And the song: Lead Kindly Light
1. Lead, kindly Light, amid th’encircling gloom;
Lead thou me on!
The night is dark, and I am far from home;
Lead thou me on!
Keep thou my feet; I do not ask to see
The distant scene—one step enough for me.
2. I was not ever thus, nor pray’d that thou
Shouldst lead me on.
I loved to choose and see my path; but now,
Lead thou me on!
I loved the garish day, and, spite of fears,
Pride ruled my will. Remember not past years.
3. So long thy pow’r hath blest me, sure it still
Will lead me on
O’er moor and fen, o’er crag and torrent, till
The night is gone.
And with the morn those angel faces smile,
Which I have loved long since, and lost awhile!
I know that, so often, I have been led by that light, seemingly "o'er grag and torrent."  In all the hectic schedule of life, in all the madness that is the world, I can always trust in that Divine Light.  I know God is guiding me in my life.  I know He is there and that He loves me.  I know that he will do all he can to help me as I put myself in His hands.  I'm so grateful!  I rejoice in my God, for He is all powerful.  I love Him and I know He loves me. :)
All my Love,
Élder Sudbury
P.S. Thanks for the vote of support everyone :).  Ju, good luck in the work life.  NA, you didn't tell me you slipped a disk.  How long is recovery?  SA & Matt, got your christmas card, I loved it.  Your kids are adorable ;).  MA & Tim, I hope things are going well, you should share an experience with me from work/life.  Mom & Dad, wow, time does go by fast.  Ryan will be coming home this Christmas...crazy.  So you all know, you can still write me Sunday if you feel like it, I'll just read them the following Saturday.  I love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment