Elder Curtis Sudbury

Elder Curtis Sudbury

Monday, July 19, 2010

Curtis' letter for July 19, 2010

Dear Family and friends,
 
A week full of miracles, happiness, and sorrow.
 
We had a zone baptismal service yesterday, during the which a choir sang, two stake presidents talked, as well as my mission president and his wife.  Owing to how cool we knew it would be, we started preparing people we knew were ready but had a little bit of fear.  We thought that it being a big event, it would help them take the step that seemed so large to them.  We invited four people to get baptized.  Two accepted and two said they would come and, if they felt the spirit, they would get baptized.  Out of the four that said they would come, only one got baptized.  His name is Eleazar, the one that I said wanted to get baptized years ago.  That brought me a lot of joy.  The other three didn't come.  That brought me a lot of sorrow.  We felt strongly that they should get baptized this weekend.  I hope they accept again this week.  
 
Eleazar was truly a miracle.  He was very much prepared by the Lord to be baptized at this time.  He makes me very happy :)
 
We can no longer do anything ourselves to reach the full goal of 24 people this month.  It would truly just be a miracle of God that would bring it about.  It is in God's hands now. :)
 
That's really all the news so far.  We spent almost our entire week trying to get them ready.  They really are ready.  They all have prayed and know it is true, but there are just little things that keep them from taking that step.
 
We had another zone conference this week.  It was much longer, which was nice because I got to know our Mission President a little better.  He is an ex-seminary teacher, really spiritual, and always trying to do what is right.  He has a fantastic family that supports him in everything, and he supports them equally.  Seeing his family, although I know they are imperfect, and reflecting on my own family, makes me excited to take that step.  I know it will be hard, but I'm excited for that day when I can.  We talked a lot about how essential new members are to the life of the church with reference to Jacob 5.  It was a very cool conference.
 
I've been thinking a lot about the kind of things that I can do to bring about more faith and joy in both my own life and in the lives of my investigators.  Any suggestions?
 
Well, sorry that this one's a little shorter.  When people write me more, I have more on which to comment, so don't stop writing ;).
 
All My Love,
Élder Sudbury

No comments:

Post a Comment