Elder Curtis Sudbury

Elder Curtis Sudbury

Monday, January 24, 2011

Curtis' Letter for January 24, 2011

Well, another week and another transfer has ended here in México.  I am happy to say that I am well and we'll be sending Élder Wayman with an endocrinologist next week to see if we can't figure out some more interesting things that are up with him...He still drinks, on average, 5 liters of water a day...I don't know what to think anymore :P.  All his tests came back negative.  That is the really weird part.  But oh well because........
 
I GOT TRANSFERRED!
 
I am the new financial and materials secretary in the mission offices.  I believe my preparation day will also be changed to Saturday as a result.  Élder Wayman will be staying in this area and I know he and Élder Brito will do a great job in Palmitas and Xalpa.
 
I will miss crazy Palmitas and Xalpa.  It's been a fun ride ;).  We've seen our share of blessings this week, nonetheless.  One person especially sticks out in my mind right now.  Leticia was a referral from a recent convert in Ixtla.  She is a bit rebellious but we've felt good about her and her progress.  This last Saturday I felt we should go by, although we didn't have an appointment.  When we started talking with her she started crying.  She commented on how crazy her life is right now.  She said that whenever we talked with her, it brought a great peace to her heart despite all the problems in her life.  She said that morning she was feeling especially depressed and wrote a rather harsh letter to someone else in her AA group and, just as she finished it, we knocked on her door.  She know that this is truth and that we are sent of God.  She could feel it. 
 
That's all the news I have for this week.  Once again I get transferred, but I know that the Lord wants me in the offices now.  That same peace that Leticia feels is the same peace in my heart as I ask about this new assignment.  All will be well.
 
The song on my mind this week is Ye Elders of Israel
 
1. Ye elders of Israel, come join now with me
And seek out the righteous, where’er they may be—
In desert, on mountain, on land, or on sea—
And bring them to Zion, the pure and the free.
O Babylon, O Babylon, we bid thee farewell;
We’re going to the mountains of Ephraim to dwell.
2. The harvest is great, and the lab’rers are few;
But if we’re united, we all things can do.
We’ll gather the wheat from the midst of the tares
And bring them from bondage, from sorrows and snares.
O Babylon, O Babylon, we bid thee farewell;
We’re going to the mountains of Ephraim to dwell.
3. We’ll go to the poor, like our Captain of old,
And visit the weary, the hungry, and cold;
We’ll cheer up their hearts with the news that he bore
And point them to Zion and life evermore.
O Babylon, O Babylon, we bid thee farewell;
We’re going to the mountains of Ephraim to dwell.
 This week I've been reading about Zion and the more I live in the very not zion-like city of Iztapalapa, the more I long to live in Zion.  I know that, one day, we will make Zion on earth again.  It will be a place of peace and joy in righteousness.  I'm excited for the day to either find a place that is like Zion or the day that we establish the city of Zion herself again.  I know that it will be established as part of the coming of the Lord.  I know that my Savior will come again.  I know that this church has been established to prepare the world for that coming of my Lord and Savior.  I know it is true because I feel it in my heart and have studied it in my mind.  It is true!  I know it!
All My Love,
Élder Sudbury
PS Mom, sorry about the expenses, I'm working on it.  Dad, please send that letter by Élder Packer, if you can.  SA and Matt, let me know how interviews are going.  MA and Tim, Ju and Chris, and Noella, I'm gonna write you in a minute. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment