Elder Curtis Sudbury

Elder Curtis Sudbury

Monday, January 10, 2011

Letter from Curtis, January 10, 2011

Hello World,
 
Well, it's been an interesting week.  We got the results back from the studies we've been doing with Élder Wayman but they were somewhat inconclusive.  We're trying a rather expensive treatment to see if it makes any difference in the amount of water he's drinking.  We'll see...  I somehow managed to get Plantar Fasciitis and had to rest for a few days, but I'm better now :).  I got to do some exchanges with the zone leaders this week.  They had one family in particular that it was simply a joy to teach.  The Spirit was quite strong and this family really wants to find Truth.  I enjoyed it immensely.  This upcoming week I have a mission leader's council and interviews with the President.  It should be interesting.
 
Due to our two doctor visits and exchanges, not much has changed in our area this last week.  We are finally making some progress in the stake, however, in establishing the rule that you simply must go to the ward that you pertain to.  My testimony of the Church being one of Godly order has certainly grown in this area.  On a side note, during our hours of having a spot in the local flea market, I've taken up knitting, being inspired by JuleeAnn's crocheting skills. 
 
And that's the way it is. :)
 
This week's email is brought to you by Lead Kindly Light
Lead, kindly Light, amid th’encircling gloom;
Lead thou me on!
The night is dark, and I am far from home;
Lead thou me on!
Keep thou my feet; I do not ask to see
The distant scene—one step enough for me.
I was not ever thus, nor pray’d that thou
Shouldst lead me on.
I loved to choose and see my path; but now,
Lead thou me on!
I loved the garish day, and, spite of fears,
Pride ruled my will. Remember not past years.
So long thy pow’r hath blest me, sure it still
Will lead me on
O’er moor and fen, o’er crag and torrent, till
The night is gone.
And with the morn those angel faces smile,
Which I have loved long since, and lost awhile!
I know that that Divine Light has and does lead me.  I have felt its light and warmth.  It is real.  I know that God Himself lives and loves us.  I know that this is His Church.  That makes all the difference to me.
All My Love,
Élder Sudbury
PS Mom and Dad, I'm excited to play Dominion when I get home.  MA, Tim, Ryan, and Zoë, I hope you enjoyed your new years festivities.  SA, Matt, Hannah, Sammy, and baby-she-hulk, Good luck on matches, you're in my prayers.  Noella, I got your card, thank you :).  JuleeAnn and Chris, best of luck with all those baby booties.  Good luck on the whole choosing where to go to school thing ;).  I LOVE YOU ALL!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment