Elder Curtis Sudbury

Elder Curtis Sudbury

Saturday, March 12, 2011

Letter From Curtis March 12, 2011

Well, it's been an interesting week.  Transfers were this week.  We received a new Assistant to the President, Élder Carreón, here in the offices.  Élder Villaseñor and I didn't change at all.  I feel significantly better from my sunburn, I appreciate all your prayers on my behalf.  We were busy for the majority of the week with the many changes that tranfers require.  Picking up new missionaries, bringing them to instructions, instructing them, helping Sister Chávez cook and clean, taking some of them to their areas, ferrying here and there the missionaries that were leaving, taking care of all the things we need to do in the offices by the deadlines we have...it's been a busy week. :)  We finally got to go to the area yesterday.  It was a great blessing. 

I have come to really enjoy the time we have to be with President and his family.  Perhaps it is because he is so dedicated to his work as Mission President or perhaps it's just how he has raised his family, but the Spirit of God is always very strong in that house.  I admire Sister Chávez a lot.  She is very spiritual and full of light, although being a mission president's wife is perhaps one of the hardest things I can imagine.  I've also recently grown more and more grateful for having President Chávez as my mission president.  He loves the scriptures and requires of us conscious, heartfelt change.  He is always seeking to teach us and make us better.  I'm very grateful for that blessing.  We met some elders from one of the other missions near here this week.  They were secretaries and assistants, but it was clear that their president put emphasis in different things than ours.  Their shoes were not polished and looked like they hadn't been in several weeks, but their hair was impeccably kept.  They had some habits that we've taken great pains to get rid of here such as informal speaking.  They seem like small things, perhaps, to the rest of the world, but to a missionary they are each important.  We've had those habits, speaking informally and being less than well dressed, in this mission; but what I'm grateful for is that we have a mission president who cared about us and this work enough to point out that it's not OK.  I've learned to be more and more grateful for the correction I receive from my leaders.

That's about all the news that we have this week.  God keeps blessing us with miracles and trials to help us grow.  We're learning, bit by bit. :)

This week's letter is brought to you by the hymn of our mission, We'll Bring the World His Truth
We have been born, as Nephi of old,
To goodly parents who love the Lord.
We have been taught, and we understand,
That we must do as the Lord commands.
We are as the army of Helaman.
We have been taught in our youth.
And we will be the Lord’s missionaries
To bring the world his truth.
We have been saved for these latter days
To build the kingdom in righteous ways.
We hear the words our prophet declares:
“Let each who’s worthy go forth and share.”
We are as the army of Helaman.
We have been taught in our youth.
And we will be the Lord’s missionaries
To bring the world his truth.
We know his plan, and we will prepare,
Increase our knowledge through study and prayer.
Daily we’ll learn until we are called
To take the gospel to all the world.
We are as the army of Helaman.
We have been taught in our youth.
And we will be the Lord’s missionaries
To bring the world his truth.
We are as the Army of Helaman.  We have been raised by good people who have done their best to teach us the paths of truth.  We must do as the Lord commands, for we have covenanted to do so.  We will bring the world His Truth.  I have found such great peace as I have learned and lived the gospel.  The peace that fills my heart and the joy in my life doesn't come from me, I know it comes from my Father and the testimony of the Holy Ghost.  I know it is true.  In my heart is that peace.  For anyone reading this, please, ask Him if it is true.  I know, if you do, you will find a great peace that will fill you with the knowledge of its truth.  It is the peace in me and whoever you are, wherever you are, I want you to have it.  Ask and you will know.  That is my testimony.
All My Love,
Élder Sudbury
PS I feel much better, really, thank you.  Mom and Dad, the valentine's package got here this week.  Thanks for the candy and the card.  Melanie, feel better.  Tim, your card got here ;).  SalleeAnn and Matt, have you found out where you've matched yet?  Noella, I'm not sure I told you, but your card got here.  How are you? What's new?  Ju and Chris, have you decided on MIT yet? ;)  I love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment