Elder Curtis Sudbury

Elder Curtis Sudbury

Sunday, April 24, 2011

Curtis' letter April 4, 2011

Hello World,

It's been a busy week.  My urine is back to its normal color.  I still am not sure what made it turn pink... But oh well.  I will be receiving a new companion this transfer.  He's actually already here being instructed by Élder Villaseñor in his job as executive secretary.  His name's Élder Smith from Tremonton, Utah.  He has the same time as I in the mission.  I'm excited to work with him.

Two people came to conference this week, as far as we could tell.  Ofelia, an 83 year old investigator, and Lee, an investigator from the UK.  We'll see how that goes. :)

I LOVED conference!!!  I had written out 16 questions, my "rocks" for the Lord to make shine (brother of Jared story in Ether).  All 16 were answered quite thoroughly.  I have received a lot of direction for my life this week.  It's all been carefully recorded in those little black journals dad sent me.  They're a treasure. :)

We started a program here that should be interesting.  If the Elders or Sisters don't turn in their rent receipts one month, they won't get rent for the next month.  It's a bit of a hassle for me, but it's been VERY effective in getting their rent receipts.  We gave them some warning and opportunity, so they're now suffering a little bit.  As Elder Kent F. Richards taught in this last conference, pain is helping them grow.

I'm going to make this letter a bit short, as I'm going to write a few individual letters to my family, but I am well, tired, and happy.

This week's letter is brought to you by The Spirit of God:
1. The Spirit of God like a fire is burning!
The latter-day glory begins to come forth;
The visions and blessings of old are returning,
And angels are coming to visit the earth.
[Chorus]
We’ll sing and we’ll shout with the armies of heaven,
Hosanna, hosanna to God and the Lamb!
Let glory to them in the highest be given,
Henceforth and forever, Amen and amen!
2. The Lord is extending the Saints’ understanding,
Restoring their judges and all as at first.
The knowledge and power of God are expanding;
The veil o’er the earth is beginning to burst.
3. We’ll call in our solemn assemblies in spirit,
To spread forth the kingdom of heaven abroad,
That we through our faith may begin to inherit
The visions and blessings and glories of God.
4. How blessed the day when the lamb and the lion
Shall lie down together without any ire,
And Ephraim be crowned with his blessing in Zion,
As Jesus descends with his chariot of fire!
This hymn has a special place in my heart.  I heard it in the first temple dedication that I attended.  I'll never forget the feeling of that same Spirit of which I sung in my heart.  I have felt it so many times that I cannot deny it.  I KNOW this is the true word of God.  I know that the men we heard in Conference this weekend are Prophets of God called by Him.  I know that their words are God's.  My heart is so full of this knowledge.  GOD IS NOT DEAD, BUT LIVING.  PROPHETS ARE NOT PAST, BUT PRESENT.  I know it.
All My Love,
Élder Sudbury


No comments:

Post a Comment