Elder Curtis Sudbury

Elder Curtis Sudbury

Sunday, April 24, 2011

Curtis letter for Saturday, March 26, 2011

Hello World!

To say that this week hasn't been long, interesting, and a little exciting would be so far from the truth that I think everyone who read it would burst out in laughter.  Although I always do like making people laugh, I'll spare you the sore stomach and just say it's been a long week.  Things started Sunday.  I woke up and was feeling a bit off.  I went to the bathroom and, to my surprise, my urine came out pink!  Not red, not anything but baby-bottom-pink.  I was very, very confused.  I of course called the doctor right away and he had me do some studies in the hospital Monday morning to see what would come out.  After receiving the results Monday night I was relieved that there was no trace of blood in my urine.  It just was pink.  No blood, no electrolytes, just a little bit of bacteria.  I went to the doctor briefly with my companion before that and he found that one of my urinary tracts was a little inflamed.  I was going to go to the urologist, but he's on vacation, so my doctor gave me fenazopiridina (I don't know if that's the same in English as Spanish) to clear out my urinary tracts.  I feel much better, but the medicine causes my urine to be a neon orange to a deep red.  It's been a funny week.

After that surprise we had a few other exciting happenings.  Élder Villaseñor left a portfolio in the car we had borrowed while ours was being fixed.  It was rather important because inside were passports, visas, and information about an appointment for the national registry.  He didn't know where he had left it and was really stressed out.  We got in touch with the person in charge of the motor pool and he found it, but there was a conference that day.  I went with the two elders who needed their visas in taxi, got the folder, got the pictures taken, they signed, and all turned out well.  It was a busy morning.

After Tuesday we were largely unimpeded in our efforts to go to the area on time (2:00 PM), but we had a lot of difficulties.  Few of the people with whom we got in touch accepted us, a lot of people weren't home, and we always got home very tired from walking as fast as we could to try to do all the work we could in the few hours we had.  Though we were tired, we were happy.  We feel we've been doing the best we can.  Yesterday we got in touch with some old investagators that seem like they want to listen.  They also introduced us to their relatives that live in the same apartment complex.  We have really started seeing the blessings of the Lord.

Today should be a fairly laid-back day.  We need to go to Wal-mart to buy food for the Zone Leaders that are coming tomorrow and get haircuts, but that's about all.  I'm going to write some people that I really need to write.

In other news, I finished the Old Testament!!!  I had never gotten all the way through it.  I didn't quite meet my goal for the 17th, but I finished it all the same!  I take pride now in knowing that I have read the Old Testament, New Testament, Book of Mormon, Doctrine and Covenants, and the Pearl of Great Price.  It's a big accomplishment for me.  I'm very happy with that.

That's about all the news we have here.  Next week is GENERAL CONFERENCE!!!!!!! :) I LOVE general conference!  I have loved it for years.  It's an opportunity to receive instruction directly from a prophet and pay even closer attention to the Holy Ghost.  I'm SUPER excited!

This week's letter has been brought to you by the song: We Listen to a Prophet's Voice.
1. We listen to a prophet’s voice and hear the Savior too.
With love he bids us do the work the Lord would have us do.
The Savior calls his chosen seer to preach the word of God,
That men might learn to find the path marked by the iron rod.
2. In ev’ry land, in ev’ry tongue, our prophet will be heard;
How swiftly round the world his voice reveals the gospel word!
The sacred message that he brings will witness and agree
With ev’ry prophet called of God throughout earth’s history.
3. Hosanna! Let our praise ascend unto the Savior’s throne;
Rejoice! The prophet has confirmed that by Him we are known.
Attend, ye earth! The prophet speaks; come listen and obey.
He is the man who holds the keys of priesthood pow’r today.
I know that President Thomas S. Monson is a Prophet of the Lord today.  I know that, as in times past, the Lord has called prophets again.  We can pray and know that his words are the words of the Lord.  I know He holds all the keys of priesthood power and is authorized to use them all.  I know that he is called of God.  I know because I've asked God if He called him.  I got my answer.  What a blessing it is to have a prophet!  How many people wish God would come down and declare to them His will concerning them.  If one knows a man is a True Prophet, His words are the same as if God Himself came down to tell us what he wants to know.  I know that President Monson, President Eyring, President Uchtdof, and all the Twelve Apostles today are Prophets, Seers, and Revelators.  I am so excited because I KNOW.  I wouldn't and won't ever trade that knowledge for anything in the world.  I know God Lives, Jesus is the very Christ, and they have a Prophet on the earth today.  That makes everything worth it.

All My Love and Prayers,
Élder Sudbury

PS Mom I hope you enjoyed your trip to connecticut.  Dad, I hope you weren't too lonely.  MA, Tim, Zoë, and Ryan, I hope you are all doing well.  MA, I hope you're feeling better.  SA and Matt, If I end up at Harvard for medical school, we'll live close by!  NA, I hope you are doing well.  Have you decided where to go after your time is up as a clerk?  Ju and Chris, I'll live close by you two as well if I end up at Harvard! ;)  We'll see how the years roll out.

Thank you for everything!
Élder Sudbury

No comments:

Post a Comment