Elder Curtis Sudbury

Elder Curtis Sudbury

Monday, September 19, 2011

Letter from Curtis, September 19, 2011

Dear World,


It's been an incredible week. We have seen many miracles. We finally had people come to church! We had four investigators arrive at sacrament meeting this week. We were so happy! Raimundo came and we think he liked it. Diana and her kids came because she got sick so her work gave her the weekend off (against their own will), people started coming up to us on the street asking to talk. We started finding people who were interested, and altogether it was a good week. The ward, due to the misunderstandings and our explaining them, has built up a lot of trust in us. We are very grateful that the Lord has helped us in so many ways. We are trying new things to find new people. We are learning and growing.


The Mexican Independence Day wasn't as crazy as last year. They're still tired ;). All was well. I'm making a flyer to put up around our area, so I haven't much time this week. Suffice it to say that all is going well. God is blessing us in many, many ways.


This week's letter has been brought to you by Be Thou Humble:


1. Be thou humble in thy weakness, and the Lord thy God shall lead thee,
Shall lead thee by the hand and give thee answer to thy prayers.
Be thou humble in thy pleading, and the Lord thy God shall bless thee,
Shall bless thee with a sweet and calm assurance that he cares.
2. Be thou humble in thy calling, and the Lord thy God shall teach thee
To serve his children gladly with a pure and gentle love.
Be thou humble in thy longing, and the Lord thy God shall take thee,
Shall take thee home at last to ever dwell with him above.
I love this hymn, but this week it had a greater meaning for us. We had to be humble to receive the blessings of the Lord, but He blessed us incredibly. I can't express how incredible it has been this last week serving in the hands of the Lord. God is watching over us and guiding us. I know He lives. I know that He is in charge of This Work. I know that Christ is my Savior. I have felt His redeeming power in my heart many, many times. He is in charge of my life. I am grateful. I know. I wish there was a greater, stronger word to say just how sure I am. I know. That is all that is important. :)
All My Love,
Élder Sudbury


No comments:

Post a Comment