Elder Curtis Sudbury

Elder Curtis Sudbury

Monday, December 27, 2010

Christmas Greetings from Curtis December 24, 2010

Merry Christmas!!!
 
I don't have much time at all this week due to a new plan I'm doing in my district to help them with referrals that I was figuring out, but know that all is well.  The Lord is blessing us immensely for all that we are trying to do right.  This is truly God's work and He is guiding us. 
 
The big highlight for the week was a family that went to the Mexico City Visitor's Center and asked to meet the missionaries.  They are a good family and the mom and dad have accepted a baptismal date for the eighth of January.  Brenda's baptismal date will also likely be moved to that date.
 
I'm looking forward to this call, short though it may be.  I can't wait to hear everyone's voices again!
 
I love the song Oh Holy Night:
 
(Words by chappeau de roquemaure
Translated by john s. dwight)


O holy night! The stars are brightly shining,
It is the night of our dear Saviour's birth.
Long lay the world in sin and error pining,
'Til He appear'd and the soul felt its worth.
A thrill of hope the weary world rejoices,
For yonder breaks a new and glorious morn.
Fall on your knees! O hear the angels' voices!
O night divine, O night when Christ was born;
O night divine, O night, O night Divine.
Led by the light of Faith serenely beaming,
With glowing hearts by His cradle we stand.
So led by light of a star sweetly gleaming,
Here come the wise men from Orient land.
The King of Kings lay thus in lowly manger;
In all our trials born to be our friend.
He knows our need, to our weakness is no stranger,
Behold your King! Before Him lowly bend!
Behold your King, Before Him lowly bend!
Truly He taught us to love one another;
His law is love and His gospel is peace.
Chains shall He break for the slave is our brother;
And in His name all oppression shall cease.
Sweet hymns of joy in grateful chorus raise we,
Let all within us praise His holy name.
Christ is the Lord! O praise His Name forever,
His power and glory evermore proclaim.
His power and glory evermore proclaim.
 
 
I want you all to know that I know that Jesus is the Christ.  He was born, he lived, and he died for us.  I know because, as the song says, I have fallen on my knees and, in prayer, asked.  The angel's voice of the Holy Ghost has told me so very clearly of that truth and I know it.  He Lives!  This is truly the Church of He who liveth and he who was slain.  It is true.
 
All my love,
Élder Sudbury

No comments:

Post a Comment