Elder Curtis Sudbury

Elder Curtis Sudbury

Monday, December 27, 2010

Letter from Curtis December 7, 2010

Well, an interesting week.

We've decided that every time I say something is interesting, it usually means bad news for someone...usually medically :P.  This week we went to the doctors...again.  We went yesterday to the doctor, the orthopedist, and the orthopedic insert factory to fix Élder Wayman's inserts.  They are getting squished very quickly.  Hopefully they will be fixed by this Thursday.  Today we went to the Hospital Ángeles Moncel to do some blood and urine tests for Élder Wayman to test if he's developing diabetes.  He's drinking 5-6 liters a day and so we mentioned it to the doctor.  He recommended the tests.  The results will be in tomorrow evening.  I'm seriously thinking about trying to order that Élder Doctor name tag... :)

Tomorrow we get to go to the temple!  We only get to go once a year, so I'm really excited!  I LOVE going to the temple!

We received new instructions on computer usage.  We can only be on Internet for an hour, but we can write anyone in the direct family that we want.  My emails will probably be a little shorter from here on in.  

Despite not being able to work in our area for very much time, we always see miracles.  Last week we found a fantastic family knocking the door of someone that looked like they were receiving the Jehovah's Witnesses.  Families here are getting excited about missionary work.  All is going well. :)

This week's letter is brought to you by I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day

I heard the bells on Christmas day
Their old familiar carols play,
And wild and sweet the words repeat
Of peace on earth good will to men.

I thought how, as the day had come,
The belfries of all Christendom
Had rolled along th'unbroken song
Of peace on earth good will to men.

And in despair I bowed my head:
"There is no peace on earth," I said,
"For hate is strong and mocks the song
Of peace on earth good will to men."

Then pealed the bells more loud and deep:
"God is not dead, nor doth he sleep;
The wrong shall fail, the right prevail
with peace on earth good will to men."

Till, ringing, singing, on its way,
The world revolved from night to day,
A voice, a chime, a chant sublime,
Of peace on earth good will to men.

At this time of year I happily rejoice in the knowledge that there is peace on earth due to my dear Savior Jesus Christ.  I bear testimony, with the apostles "of the reality of his matchless life and the infinite virtue of his great atoning sacrifice.  None other has had so profound an influence upon all who have lived and will yet live upon the earth."  I know that peace in the world and joy in life can only be found at the feet of the Savior.  I know He lives.  I know God lives.  I know that Jesus is the very Christ.  I know that God is our Father and loves us dearly.  This Christmas season I testify that He lives!

All my love,
Élder Sudbury

PS Thanks for the letters family.  Mom and Dad, happy anniversary.  Don't forget to update the blog... ;)  Zoë, happy birthday!  Matt and SalleeAnn, good luck in the job hunt.  Matt, thank you for the scriptures, I love the message.  Noella, write soon :P I want to hear what's up.  Chris and JuleeAnn, good luck in applying.  Ju, things will work out ;).  I love you all dearly!

-Élder Sudbury

No comments:

Post a Comment