Elder Curtis Sudbury

Elder Curtis Sudbury

Monday, December 27, 2010

Letter from Curtis, December 13, 2010

Hello World

Well, it's been an interesting week.  Monday we went to the doctor, tuesday we did some tests, wednesday we got the results, thursday we got the results interpreted, and saturday we went to pick up Élder Wayman's inserts.  It was a very hectic week.  

I'm copying music back onto my iPod, so I haven't much time to write this week, but know I'm doing well and all is well with me. 

The highlights of the last week were the following:  We put a baptismal date with a new investigator, Brenda, for new year's day; the trip to the temple and all the Lord had to say to me there; and I've been made district leader again.

The lyrics for this week have to do with that charge: I'll go where you want me to go:

It may not be on the mountain height
Or over the stormy sea,
It may not be at the battle's front
My Lord will have need of me.
But if, by a still, small voice he calls
To paths that I do not know,
I'll answer dear Lord, with my hand in thine:
I'll go where you want me to go.

Perhaps today there are loving words
Which Jesus would have me speak;
There may be now in the paths of sin
Some wand'rer whom I should seek.
O Savior, if thou wilt be my guide
Tho dark and rugged the way,
My voice shall echo the message sweet:
I'll say what you want me to say.

There's surely somewhere a lowly place
In earth's harvest fields so wide
Where I may labor through life's short day
For Jesus the Crucified.
So trusting my all to thy tender car,
And knowing thou lovest me,
I'll do thy will with a heart sincere:
I'll be what you want me to be.

I'll go where you want me to go, dear Lord,
Over mountain or plain or sea;
I'll say what you want me to say, dear Lord;
I'll be what you want me to be.

I know I will go and do all that God asks me to, no matter how difficult.  I know God is with me.  I know that my Savior lives.  I know that this is His church led by His prophet.  I hope to spend all my life serving my Lord and God.

Merry Christmas (soon)!
Élder Sudbury

PS I got the package.  I just sent a letter to everyone, so just wait a bit for news. :)  Thanks for all your support, one and all!  I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment