Elder Curtis Sudbury

Elder Curtis Sudbury

Saturday, May 21, 2011

Letter from Curtis, May 14, 2011

Well, I didn't end up changing my P-Day to Friday, so I'm writing you today :).

We spent pretty much the whole week in conferences.  The people from whom we were going to rent ended up renting to someone else, so we've also been house shopping.  We found another house that is just what we were looking for, but there might be a problem because we don't have a cosigner.  Pray for our house ;).

The highlight of the teaching week was with two of our investigators, Jaime and Santiago.  We had all forgotten to write their address, but we found them again.  We taught them a lesson about the restored authority of God and how it can bless them.  I think it went well.  They said they would like to come to church Oxt-Sunday (not this Sunday, but the next one).  We've been feeling the Spirit really strongly in our lessons lately.  I think we're finally getting the idea of how to teach by the Spirit.

We got to serve our ward collecting the trash out of the bushes in front of the ward building.  We have been trying to find ways to serve the ward more and this was a great chance.  It took longer than we had planned, but I think the clean-up was quite necessary.  Those bushes were FULL of trash!

I got to do some baptismal interviews this week.  The people had been taught by the Assistants to President.  They were more than ready and it was a joy to be able to interview them and congratulate them on their choice to be baptized into the Church of God.  I always have a special joy

Elder Oaks and President Rasband are coming to the mission this Tuesday!!! AHHHH!!!! :D  I'm really excited!!!

That's about all.  We've been very busy with conferences mostly.  God's hand is constantly with us in finding people and houses ;).  We're learning and growing.  I'm sorry this letter isn't any longer, but I simply haven't anything more to comment :P.

This letter is brought to you by the hymn Adam-Ondi-Ahman:

1. This earth was once a garden place,
With all her glories common,
And men did live a holy race,
And worship Jesus face to face,
In Adam-ondi-Ahman.
2. We read that Enoch walked with God,
Above the pow’r of mammon,
While Zion spread herself abroad,
And Saints and angels sang aloud,
In Adam-ondi-Ahman.
3. Her land was good and greatly blest,
Beyond all Israel’s Canaan;
Her fame was known from east to west,
Her peace was great, and pure the rest
Of Adam-ondi-Ahman.
4. Hosanna to such days to come,
The Savior’s second coming,
When all the earth in glorious bloom
Affords the Saints a holy home,
Like Adam-ondi-Ahman.
I had forgotten a bit about this particular hymn.  It has a beautiful melody and a great message.  Adam-ondi-Ahman was the place where Adam and his family lived and worshiped God and Christ.  This song is a reminder of what they had and what we can have one day.  I look forward with great Hope to that day.  I know the Savior will come again.  I know that The day will come that we will again worship Jesus face to face when Zion is established again.  I know that day is not far-distant.  I'm grateful that now is the time I have to bring forth the Cause of Zion and preach the Gospel of Peace to everyone.  I hope I can be a faithful servant in the building up of the Kingdom.  I know God lives.  I know Jesus is the Savior of the World and of you and of me.  I know that He will come.  It is not a hope or a belief.  I know.  Nothing can ever change that for me.

All my Love,
Élder Sudbury

No comments:

Post a Comment