Elder Curtis Sudbury

Elder Curtis Sudbury

Saturday, June 25, 2011

Letter from Curtis Sudbury - June 18, 2011

Dear world,

It's been another interesting week.  We traded out one elder for another who needs the same surgery :P.  I've honestly been grateful to have the time to organize a few things around the offices, but I would really like to go out and teach again.  It's a hard feeling to describe to anyone who hasn't been on a mission, but the desire to go and spread the gospel, to help people you love come closer to Christ is strong.  I don't know anything more wonderful.

We have high hopes for one house.  We need to contract something this week.  All the mission changes happen July 1st immediately.  That is the day that President Morales gets here and everything needs to be ready.  Crunch week ;).

I have been very blessed by the Lord to find ways to maintain the same level of spiritual strength during this time as I have when I get to go out and proselyte.  I've learned to study the scriptures more intently and with greater zeal than before.  It's a great lesson I had been hoping to learn for when I get back.  It will bless my life as a missionary and as a normal member of the church.

Élder Unsworth went to our new area this week.  Élder Flake is staying with Élder García (the sick Élder) and me until the change needs to take place.  I'll send you that photo as soon as President Chávez sends it to me.

That's about all the specific news that I have, I'll be writing a few individual letters in a little bit.

This letter has been brought to you by the hymn Each Life that Touches Ours for Good:

Each life that touches ours for good
Reflects thine own great mercy, Lord;
Thou sendest blessings from above
Thru words and deeds of those who love.
What greater gift dost thou bestow,
What greater goodness can we know
Than Christlike friends, whose gentle ways
Strengthen our faith, enrich our days.
When such a friend from us departs,
We hold forever in our hearts
A sweet and hallowed memory,
Bringing us nearer, Lord, to thee.
For worthy friends whose lives proclaim
Devotion to the Savior’s name,
Who bless our days with peace and love,
We praise thy goodness, Lord, above.
I have been blessed by so many lives that have touched mine for good.  I know so many of their lives boldly and sweetly proclaim devotion to the name of my Savior.  It is that devotion that so deeply touched me that motivated me to redouble my faith, strengthen my desire, and put my life in order to be the same kind of devoted servant that I saw a good friend being.  I know that God lives for He guides us to people who can bless us.  I know that He lives for I feel His Love in the smile of a friend.  I know that He lives because I have felt His tender mercies so many times in my life.  I have been blessed by Christlike friends and I hope to bless others in the same manner.  I know that Christ is my Living God.  I know that He is very alive and actively acting in my life and in many people's lives.  I testify of Him with all my heart.  I know that My Redeemer Lives.

All My Love,
Élder Sudbury

No comments:

Post a Comment