Elder Curtis Sudbury

Elder Curtis Sudbury

Friday, December 9, 2011

Letter from Curtis November 14, 2011

Well, as predicted, I've been changed. We had a good baptismal service with Sister Bravo. She is very pleased to have had the opportunity to be baptized again. Everything happens for a reason...The baptismal service was very nice. Sister Bravo's family came from various parts of México. It was really quite lovely. I had the privilege of baptizing her. It's always a great blessing and privilege to take part in a baptism.
I will be returning to the Paraíso stake. I was in Palmitas and Xalpa for some time in that stake. I will be in the Paraíso ward as a district leader. It should be a really good district. My companion is a relatively new missionary named Élder Gómez. He's from the same generation as Élder Valenzuela. I'm not sure who will be in my district, but I know for sure that I'll have an old zone leader and one new missionary. It should be very exciting.
Well, there's not much new. I don't know much about the area to which I'm going nor my companion. This last week was mostly occupied with exchanges and baptismal interviews, so I really don't have much else to report. I feel like my job is usually to go to wards that are having a few problems and help them fix a few things. For example, we are now having Priesthood Executive Committee every week here in Ermita and we have several investigators planning on being baptized in the upcoming weeks. It should be a good time. Before we got here there were no ward meetings nor baptisms for over a year. It's a joy to help wards to do that. I usually get changed as soon as the ward gets on its feet. All is well.
This week's letter is brought to you by the hymn Come, O Thou King of Kings
1. Come, O thou King of Kings!
We’ve waited long for thee,
With healing in thy wings,
To set thy people free.
Come, thou desire of nations, come;
Let Israel now be gathered home.
2. Come, make an end to sin,
And cleanse the earth by fire,
And righteousness bring in,
That Saints may tune the lyre
With songs of joy, a happier strain,
To welcome in thy peaceful reign.
3. Hosannas now shall sound
From all the ransomed throng,
And glory echo round
A new triumphal song;
The wide expanse of heaven fill
With anthems sweet from Zion’s hill.
4. Hail! Prince of life and peace!
Thrice welcome to thy throne!
While all the chosen race
Their Lord and Savior own,
The heathen nations bow the knee,
And ev’ry tongue sounds praise to thee.
I know that the Savior will come again, and soon. It is not just a hope or something nice to think about. I know He's coming. He will come to free us all from Sin and Death and the world will be cleansed by fire. The righteous will be rewarded. We are eternal beings. I know that the end of this life is not an end, but rather just a step. We continue and progress in God. I know God and Christ live. All my life I plan on dedicating to Them and Their work.
All my Love,
Élder Sudbury

No comments:

Post a Comment