Elder Curtis Sudbury

Elder Curtis Sudbury

Friday, December 9, 2011

Letter from Curtis November 21, 2011

Well, so I'm not with the Élder Gómez that I thought. This Élder Gómez is from Perú. I'm finishing his instruction as his companion was moved to be a zone leader in Coyoacán. He's a good missionary and has good desires to serve well. I have also been in trio (until tonight) with a zone leader with whom I've worked before named Élder León. All is well.
We've been working hard in the area and have been having some good success. I'm in Paraíso, a neighboring ward to where I was a year ago. I've been seeing that many of my efforts a year ago to help the wards become stronger and follow the order of the church did help in the end. A lot of things have changed in this last year. We had a fantastic ward council meeting yesterday where we talked about all the recent converts, their status, and their needs. It was really a pleasure. There still are a few problems with people attending wards that they don't belong to, but those problems are minimal in comparison with how it was a year ago. I am very pleased to have the opportunity to work here.
Not much has happened this last week. We should have a baptism this Saturday if all goes well. His name is Arturo I'm tired and we have a LOT of things to do today, but I'm happy.
This week's letter is brought to you by the hymn: Again We Meet around the Board
1. Again we meet around the board
Of Jesus, our redeeming Lord,
With faith in his atoning blood,
Our only access unto God.
2. He left his Father’s courts on high,
With man to live, for man to die,
A world to purchase and to save
And seal a triumph o’er the grave.
3. Help us, O God, to realize
The great atoning sacrifice,
The gift of thy beloved Son,
The Prince of Life, the Holy One.
4. Oh, bless us, Lord, for Jesus’ sake,
That we may worthily partake
These emblems of the flesh and blood
Of our Redeemer, Savior, God.
This hymn is a little less common, but it has a great message. I know that Christ came down among men to save us all. I know that He is the great Redeemer of us all. It is incredible to me that Christ would descend below all things to save me, but I know He did! I hope to use my whole life to help others come to Him and feel the love and power that I feel as a result of His sacrifice. I know He lives!
All My Love,
Élder Sudbury

No comments:

Post a Comment