Elder Curtis Sudbury

Elder Curtis Sudbury

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Curtis' Letter, April 13, 2010

It's been an interesting week.  It almost seems weird to think that I've only been in the field for a week.  It seems like I've been here forever.  There are still a few things with which I'm uncomfortable.  I'm still not great at tracting and some people's spanish is significantly harder to understand than others, but the Lord has been blessing me immensly.  So much of a mission is just testifying of truth.  We can open the scriptures and the words of the living prophets to them, but the only thing that truly converts anyone is the Holy Ghost.  We can help bring the Holy Ghost into people's lives by testifying of truth and inviting them to read, pray, and find out truth for themselves.  I've felt powerful witness of truth every time I testify of it.  For that I'm very grateful. 
 
It sounds like you've had some wonderfully exciting times, especially with the church.  Congratulations!  I wish you all the best in those endeavors.
 
I don't know what they included in the messages they sent to you, but this is my mission address.
 
2133 Washington Blvd.
Ogden, UT 84401
 
Make sure you change it on the blog.  I do hope you're still adding things to the blog as I send them to you ;)  Don't forget to ask for help if you need it.
 
I still don't know how long I'm going to be here, but I'm learning a lot that will help me in Mexico.  Lots of lessons being taught, lots of tracting being done, lots of lessons being learned.  God is with us and will not let us fall, therefore, let us go forth.
 
I want to testify every time I write you.  I know God lives.  I know Jesus is the Christ, the Messiah, the Savior and Redeemer of the World, and of me and you individually.  I know this is God's church on the earth.  I know that no unhallowed hand can stop this work.  I know there are prophets again today.  I know Joseph Smith saw God the Father and Jesus Christ in the Sacred Grove.  I know that God is with me.  I know I have been redeemed from my sins through no merit of my own.  We are God's children, and He loves us.
 
Con fe y amor.  Les Amo, Les Quiero.  Tengan fe.
 
-Elder Sudbury

No comments:

Post a Comment