Elder Curtis Sudbury

Elder Curtis Sudbury

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Elder Curtis Sudbury's letter - April 6, 2010 - Curtis leaves for Ogden, Utah to serve until his VISA comes through:


Yes, I'm leaving today.  I need to be at the travel office by 10 AM, so I've got a little bit of time.
 
That's so awesome that you got to host!  That's something that I know you'll enjoy doing as time goes on.  The world is filled with fantastically interesting people and you get to meet some of the most interesting ones...as Paolo Coelho put it, the people who have fulfilled their personal stories.  I do hope you enjoyed conference, I know I learned a lot.  I came to the realization that investigators are a lot like children.  They need to be coached, encouraged, and shown the right path, but then it's up to them to decide to follow your counsel or not.  Almost all of the conference talks that talked about children (and there were a LOT) I think could be applied to investigators.
 
Besides those, there were quite a few talks about the influence of women in the world.  I have seen that in my life like crazy.  Between you, Ju, Noella, SA, MA, and all my friends that have helped me become the person that I am, I've been so blessed to have the influence of righteous, loving, light-filled women in my life.
 
Don't forget to put my emails onto my blog! :P  Michelle Jones is both happy and willing to help should you need it.  Their home phone number is 801-484-4972.
 
I have a little bit of time left, so I wanted to share my thoughts.  The world is darkening.  There is a lot of evil that seeks our souls, hearts, minds, time, and lives.  It is perhaps more cleverly disguised and packaged now than ever before.  Be that as it may, we are, as Matthew put it, as a light unto the world.  We are the torch-bearers, holding the flame of the spirit against the encroaching darkness.  Despite this, we never need to lose heart.  Our God is with us, and the flame we carry is His light.  The stripling warriors said something interesting that I just noticed.  They said "Our God is with us and he will not let us fall, therefore, let us press forward" (might be a little off, I'm using the spanish version.  Our God is with us and, with faith in Him, we will not fall.
 
I'm going to take a little time to mail some of the siblings.  Enjoy!  The gospel is true.  I know it.  I've spent every day here hearing about it, but I know it for myself.  My heart burns with the flame of testimony and the Light of God and I cannot deny the truth of it.  God lives, Jesus is  the Christ.  He is Risen.  I know it.  En el nombre de Jesucristo, Amèn.
 
-Elder Sudbury

No comments:

Post a Comment