Elder Curtis Sudbury

Elder Curtis Sudbury

Sunday, April 4, 2010

Three weeks are up!

Curtis has completed first three weeks in the mission home.  His honest opinion of the MTC is that is was a bit weird.  In fact, his two letters were very, very short, but both mentioned it is weird to put hundreds of 19-year-old boys and hundreds of 21-year-old girls together, give them strict rules to follow, and it becomes really weird really fast.

However, we are not surprised that Curtis continues to share his personal feelings about the Church:
 ".....I can only leave you my testimony.  I know this church is true.  I know Christ is our Savior.  I know this is His restored church.  I know the church blesses families.  I know that the heavens are not sealed, that God speaks and wants His children to know that He's there and that He loves them.  All is well :). 

There's a quote by Joseph Smith that is to the effect that calumny may defame, mobs may torment, and the very gates of hell may gape open before the saints, but this work will move forward.  I know that that is true.  We, as saints, are almost always required to work while all evil seeks our souls and Satan, his angels, and all Hell fight our every step, but God will prevail, the saints will survive, and all will be well.

He is amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment