Elder Curtis Sudbury

Elder Curtis Sudbury

Sunday, January 8, 2012

Dear Family,
Arturo was confirmed this Sunday.  He's had a lot of troubles with his son and his family but he's very happy to have taken that step.  This last week we went to the temple and it was a marvelous experience.  I couldn't have been more pleased with the visit.  I love the temple.  We get to go so little in the mission that I have really come to treasure the experience.

We had an interesting week.  I was on exchanges almost every day last week.  I had had a cold and so hadn't done any visits until this week, so I needed to visit all the members of my district this week.  I found some of the members of my district were working hard.  I'm very grateful for the work they were doing.

Today is the day of the Virgin of Guadalupe.  Lots of fireworks, parades, and general craziness.  It's always fun.
We had a small earthquake on Saturday here.  It was the first earthquake that I have really been in.  It was...interesting.  Not too strong, but it was certainly felt. :)

This week's letter is brought to you by the hymn High on the Mountain Top
1. High on the mountain top
A banner is unfurled.
Ye nations, now look up;
It waves to all the world.
In Deseret’s sweet, peaceful land,
On Zion’s mount behold it stand!
2. For God remembers still
His promise made of old
That he on Zion’s hill
Truth’s standard would unfold!
Her light should there attract the gaze
Of all the world in latter days.
3. His house shall there be reared,
His glory to display,
And people shall be heard
In distant lands to say:
We’ll now go up and serve the Lord,
Obey his truth, and learn his word.
4. For there we shall be taught
The law that will go forth,
With truth and wisdom fraught,
To govern all the earth.
Forever there his ways we’ll tread,
And save ourselves with all our dead.

The truth of the Gospel is so wonderful.  We can, as the hymn says, "save ourselves with all our dead."  The Lord's promises are being fulfilled every day.  We are seeing the fulfillment of scripture.  I know that this is God's church and law.  I know that this truth with go forth into all the world nobly and unstoppably because it is the Truth of God Himself.  I know He lives and exists.  I love Him.

All my Love,
Élder Sudbury

PS Mom and Dad, enjoy your trip.  I received the package of journals.  Thank you.  Melanie and Tim, thank you for having your brilliant children write me ;).  SalleeAnn and Matt, I hope all is well.  Noella, what are your plans for the holidays?  JuleeAnn and Chris, good luck on deciding on all those offers.  I love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment