Elder Curtis Sudbury

Elder Curtis Sudbury

Sunday, January 8, 2012

Letter from Curtis December 24th

Dear Family,
 
It won't be a terribly long letter, as I plan on calling tomorrow.  This week was a little slow.  Almost everyone left for vacations to somewhere that isn't here.  It's not very pretty where I am, so that's not terribly surprising.  I'd probably go on vacation from here too if they gave me the chance ;).

We had the mission luncheon.  The mission wanted us to present some musical numbers, so I sang O Holy Night with another elder in my district playing the piano.  It was pretty fun.

We divided the mission in half to make the lucheon a bit more manageable, but they asked those of us that sang to go to both because the other half didn't have anybody who took the leap ;).  We had a great time.  We played an Old Testament game, President talked about being humble, and then, for our Christmas present from him, showed us a slideshow of his own mission.  It was fun to see him and hear his stories.  

I'm very glad to have had him as mission president.  He's really a fantastic president.  I couldn't be more pleased.  We had a few appointments this week and the ward dinner.  We broke piñatas and ate tostadas.  A lot of our investigators came.  Last night we had dinner with the bishop.  That's really been the sum total of our week.  Not particularly inspiring or interesting, but as much as could be hoped, I suppose.

This week's letter is brought to you by The First Noël:
1. The first Noel the angel did say
Was to certain poor shepherds in fields as they lay,
In fields where they lay keeping their sheep
On a cold winter’s night that was so deep.
[Chorus]
Noel, Noel, Noel, Noel!
Born is the King of Israel!
2. They looked up and saw a star
Shining in the East beyond them far,
And to the earth it gave great light,
And so it continued both day and night.
[Chorus]
Noel, Noel, Noel, Noel!
Born is the King of Israel!

I know that Christ is the King of Israel and the King of the whole earth.  I know that Christ came to give "great light."  All things are a testimony of him.  Christmas lights reflect the Light of the World.  The food reminds us that He is the Bread of Life.  I believe that there was great purpose in the fact that the Lamb of God was born in a manger.  All things, past, present, and future, testify of Christ.  He is the great Creator, the All-Mighty God.  He is the Great Jehovah of the Old Testament and the Messiah of the New.  I know that He is God and that He lives.  I know that all who seek a personal relationship with Him will obtain it.  He loves us and seeks our well-being at all times.  I love Him and I know He loves me.

All My Love, and Merry Christmas!
Élder Sudbury

PS I'll talk with you all tomorrow. I'll make a quick phone call to confirm the number and so you can call me back.  I love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment